Sunday, December 27, 2009

New Years Idea

New Years is this following weekend so I wanted to do something with the holiday. I decided to bring in my white stocking and have them all write down one New Years resolution. I will have them seal them in envelopes and tell them I will give them to them next year and we will see if they accomplished their goal. ( 3-5 min)
After this I have about 5 different gift bags filled with different funny "party hats, or things to wear" We will sing an opening song and I will tell them that the loudest class will get to choose a package that either they or their teacher can wear. I' am going to have different questions with each package like;

1. What is a goal you want to work on at home?
2. What is a goal you want to work on at school?
3. What is something you want to get better at?
4. What is something new you want to try this year?
5. What is a goal you want to work on with family?

When a class picks one they will all answer and then choose their favorite song. We will see how this goes! It will help them think about setting goals and resolutions.

No comments: